tarte Amazonian Clay 6pc Passport to the Amazon Collection (Vol 1)

11:07 AM

As many of you know, I love QVC and all the beauty products they have to offer.  I am especially fond of collections that come up on an auto-delivery program, where you can receive a shipment ever 3-4 months with new colors and features.  I have done this several times with Bare Escentuals (example: Beautiful in Pearls Collection), Laura Geller (example: On the Bright Side Collection), and now I have decided to venture into the world of tarte cosmetics through QVC.



I love the pictures on the box - it definitely screams Amazon!


The eyeshadow trio comes in a beautifully designed wooden compact.  There are three shadows:  Matte Light Pink, Shimmering Sand and Burnt Bronze.  This set could definitely be your "go-to" set, as these are really the perfect neutrals.  You have a highlight that is either matte or shimmer, depending on your style, and the Burnt Bronze is a beautiful crease color that could also be applied wet and used as an eyeliner.  The consistency is definitely creamy, and the lasting power is fantastic.  Below are closeups of each shade.


This set came with two brushes.  One is a double ended that can be used with the brow mousse, and the other is a liner/shadow brush.  They are both fantastic, made of high quality materials, and really quite easy to use.  The brow brush reminds me of the Smashbox brush for the Browtech, but it's not quite as stiff, which I like.  



Many people have raved about tarte's cheek stains, and this is my first go-round with them.  First of all, the color is absolutely stunning.  The Perfect Rose is a very pinky-coral color.  It has a hint of a citrus smell to it, and the consistency is very nice.  I did think it was a bit *wet* to apply, but I think it was because the weather was humid, so there was a condensation build up on it when I received the product. Now it is fine, and applies very nicely ontop of my Bare Minerals foundation.  I have tried it two ways, using my fingers to apply, or just applying the stick right to the skin, and both work really well.  I think it is a matter of opinion as to how to go about it.  The color blends right into the skin and gives you the illusion of a flush, not a blush, on the cheeks.  It is very natural and lasts all day long!  Also, you get enough product to last a lifetime!



The two pots of product that are also part of this set are the brow mousse, which is used to fill in and tame your brows all in one, and the clay waterproof eyeliner - this one is a beautiful shimmery plum.  The mousse applies effortlessly - I bought the taupe, which is the lightest shade, and it blends very well into my brows.  The liner is so creamy and smooth.  I was hesitant to think that the little eyeliner brush would work on the product, but it isn't cakey at all - instead it is quite light and almost whipped.  The liner applies very easily to the lashline, and lasts all day without flaking off.  Removal of both were quite easy with just my face wash.  



Paradise is a beautiful pinky coral - think the color of the cheek stain in lipgloss form.  There is a hint of shimmer, but it applies onto the lips and basically gives a hint of beautiful color without being overpowering.  Also, this lasts and lasts!  It's not gloppy, but it's not watery either.  This has a brush applicator.   I was pleasantly surprised with this beauty, that's for sure! 


Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara definitely does what it says (increases lash volume by 424%), all in a natural product!  Unbelievable if you ask me, but this product is great!  I'm not sure if it's the brush, which you can see below is quite full of stiff little bristles that reach in between every lash and coat them, or if it's the product itself, but whatever it is it works!  I would say, if you have stumpy lashes, this isn't for you - it truly volumizing y is a mascara - I didn't get much length out of it at all, but seeing as it got each and every lash, I didn't really care - they were beautiful!






Well, I do have more pictures to post, but since this has gone on quite long enough, I'll save those for tomorrow!  I'll do a full face with the products so you can see them on as well as closeups.

Who has tried tarte's products before?  What were your thoughts?  Do you have a favorite item?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. the cheek stain sounds fantastic, I reckon it'd be worth trying cos I do kinda get sick of always using a powder blush!

    Oh and the blackened plum liner looks amazing - such a gorgeous colour :)

    http://mytopbeautybuys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the cheek stain is quite nice - it really is easy to apply and looks completely natural - plus it smells amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook