Swatches: Josie Maran Earth Day Essentials Kit

9:18 AM


Here's to another post that should have been done months ago!  On Earth Day this spring, Josie Maran had a fantastic special on her Earth Day Essentials Kit, so I snagged one for myself and for my mom.  The kit included a deluxe sized Argan Oil, and full sized cream blush, mascara, eyeliner and lip gloss.  I have watched Josie's show on QVC several times, and never bought anything, so I was very anxious to get my hands on these items to try everything out!  In particular, I was interested in the oil (obviously), as well as the cream blush. 

The Argan Oil is what Josie is known for.   This oil can be used for numerous things, from a lightweight moisturizer for the skin and face, as a treatment for cuticles and nails, to alleviate the burden of split ends and help add health and youthfulness back into your hair.  For a few years now we have been hearing about these benefits from Argan Oil, but I haven't actually tried it until this kit.  Josie Maran's Argan Oil is one of the better known options available on the market as well. 

Now, I have used this on my hands at night, and can drastically notice a difference in my cuticles.  They are not as dry and prevalent as usual.  My nails seem to be more hydrated, and thus aren't breaking along the sides like they typically do.  I wouldn't say they are thicker, but they definitely have more resilience, which prevents breakage from every day activities.  I have used it on my ends, to help the dry and frizziness that I tend to get from being outside.  I, personally, have used this as a treatment overnight, and then washed it out in the morning, but I know some people put it on once they are done styling and head out into the world.  This oil is that versatile.  There isn't a real fragrance or odor.  This soaks right into the skin and doesn't leave it feeling greasy or slick.  

Although I know this comes in a larger size, I really like this mini-version because I can drop it in my purse and use it during the day after I've washed my hands, etc.  It's a nice alternative to a tube of hand cream.


Next up is the Cream Blush, which is another of Josie's hallmarks if you watch her on QVC.  I have a love-hate relationship with cream blushes.  I tend to love how they look initially, but by the end of the day they seem to be absorbed into my skin and have little color left behind...I hate that.  The two brands I have had pretty good success with from a cream/stick blush standpoint has been Laura Geller's Real Deal blushes and Tarte's cheek stains. 

Josie Maran's cream blush in Sunrise is a warm pink flush.  There is just the slightest hint of shimmer, but absolutely nothing sparkly, shiny or disco-ball about this.  It's just the slightest amount to blend into the skin and give a subtle (and I mean subtle) glow.  The cream blush, instead, blends right into the cheeks and gives a gorgeous flush.  If you want some shimmer, apply your favorite highlight over the top.  If you want to add this to bare skin to give it a hint of color before you walk out the door, that works as well.  It even worked nicely as a light lip balm.  I can honestly say, I am extremely pleased with the cream blush.  Not only is it easy to blend and natural looking, but it actually lasted during the day.  I think this shade, Sunrise, is extremely versatile, too.  If you need more color, just add a touch more blush.  If you are very fair, like me, use a minimal amount. 

The kit also came with an eyeliner pencil in black.  Pigmentation was very nice, and it lasted fairly well, although by the end of the day I did have a little bit of smudging and smearing towards the outer corners of my eyes.  Of course, this isn't marketed as a "budge-proof" liner.  Instead, this is Argan infused and beneficial for the skin and lashes around the eyes.


Similar to the eyeliner, the mascara is also infused with Argan oil.  Again, this didn't have a *wow* factor for me, but if you are looking for a nice, natural mascara that has some lasting benefits, this is a nice option as well.



Josie's Natural Volume plumping lipgloss in Daring was another hidden gem in this set.  I immediately think of cooling (and sometimes burning) sensation with a plumping gloss, but this doesn't do that.  Instead, its a very natural gloss.  The color is a very natural pink, with just the slightest hint of shimmer.  I really enjoyed this, and would liken it to the Bare Escentuals Natural Lipglosses available right now (not the Boxum's, as they tend to have that cooling sensation).


Swatches of the relevant products are below. 


Did you pick up this kit?  What do you have from Josie Maran? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook