Swatches and EOTD: Maybelline Eyeshadow Studio Quad "Green with Envy"

8:00 AM


A few weeks ago I posted some pictures and swatches of Maybellines Eyeshadow Studio Quad in Mystical Mermaid.  I really liked the colors and the pigmentation of that set, so when Maybelline was on sale at Meijer a few weeks back, I picked up Green with Envy. 

This set is a little bit more up my alley - more neutral, warmer, and olives.  Olive green is my weakness.  Throw in there some light neutrals I can wear, and I'm sold!


The highlight shade is a very pale warm pearl.  Reminds me of a warmer version of MAC Vanilla Pigment.  Next up is a very pale bronze/gold.  This shade is perfect with the highlight.  The third shade in is a bright olive green.  This is a light enough shade to completely wearable all the time, but throw in some deeper colors and this really makes a gorgeous smokey eye.  The last shade is a deep black with golden and olive shimmer.  It reminds me vaguely of Fyrinnae's Bastet meets Dokkalfar, but not as dark. 


And, just a quick look, using the colors as you would expect with the lineup.  The bronze shade is on the inner corner, darkest shade on the outer corner/crease.  I used the green to line my lower lashline and then the lightest cream/ivory shade as my highlight. 

Like with the other set, the pigmentation is quite nice on these.  They are very smooth and creamy, and make blending a breeze.  I am very pleased with the new colors and collections Maybelline has come out with recently - they really have done a nice job in upping the quality and color selections. 




You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Great post! This is pretty high quality ES from a drugstore line.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook