Aveeno Active Naturals Living Color Shampoo and Conditioner

8:39 AM



I have been given the amazing opportunity to be a part of Aveeno's and Recyclebank's new focus on their Active Naturals campagin.   Talk about a company that is giving back to the environment!  (Click on the picture above to see how you can get involved too!)
One of the newer items on the Aveeno block is the Living Color, Color Preserving Shampoo and Conditioner.  Now, as some of you know, I am a Wen girl through and through, but I did want to try out these products and see what I thought.  The Color Preserving collection comes in two varieties: Fine Hair and Medium/Thick hair.  I have the shampoo for fine and the conditioner for medium/thick. 


First and foremost, let's discuss what the whole "Active Naturals" is about.  Below, is a snippit from the Aveeno website:

Simply put, ACTIVE NATURALS® are ingredients derived from nature and uniquely formulated by AVEENO® to optimize skin's health and beauty. AVEENO® has unlocked the true potential of nature's skin-enhancing secrets, like soy and oatmeal, with patented processes that retain their full strength and purity. Gentle, effective, clinically proven AVEENO®. Recommended by dermatologists for 60 years.
AVEENO® is the leader in ACTIVE NATURALS® technology today, including oatmeal and soy, and will continue to develop innovative technologies around natural ingredients well into the future.


This particular set of shampoos/conditioners utelizes Lupine as the active ingredient.  The actual seed has a very high protien content, which as Aveeno explains, is used to help strenthen and fortify the hair shaft.  This coats, seals and protects your hair and it's color. 

The fragrance is quite nice.  I'm not sure what Lupine actually smells like.  It's floral, but not fake or over the top.  The shampoo cleaned my hair quite nicely.  The conditioner didn't make my hair feel slick or greasy in the shower.  To be quite honest, I hardly knew I had conditioner on when I was using it.  It's not exactly detangling - it's more nourishing, but less of a traditional conditioner. 

Overall the product is quite nice.  I'm glad I tried it, and will probably use this inbetween my Wen cleansings if I feel like I need a clarification. 

Have you tried these new items from Aveeno?  Thoughts?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook