Maybelline Volum' Express "The Falsies" Mascara

8:00 AM




For over a month I have been reading about Maybelline Volum' Express "The Falsies", only to be tempted until the product became available at my local drug stores.  Finally, I stumbled across this when I made a pit stop at Walgreens!  The tube is pretty hard to walk past - the bright fuscia and turquoise packaging practically calls your name across the floor.


The Maybelline website says it all: 
Why you'll love The Falsies Mascara

Instant false glam in a tube

The Falsies Mascara delivers a false lash look; giving you a full set of voluminous, bold, fanned out lashes and the appearance of no gaps from any angle.

The Pro-Keratin and Fibre enriched formula is designed to deliver immediate results, distributing volume and visible intensity to your lashes. The patented ‘Spoon’ shaped brush helps fan lashes out.

The Falsies Mascara is designed to give the appearance of no gaps and spaces. In a wink lashes you didn’t even know you had look visibly thickened!
 
Of course, being that this is a new mascara in my eyes, I snatched one up.  Mine was full price, but I have heard a rumor that these are on clearance at Walmart?  I may have to run over to my local Walmart to see if this is the truth!

Well, down to the details about the product.  The brush is quite unique.  It looks like someone stepped on it, to be honest!   The brush has bristles that point everywhere, but it isn't too jam-packed to make it difficult to grab lashes.  The head of the brush isn't super-straight, and instead has a subtle curve that follows the natural contour of your eye - not overly dramatic like some of the "curling" mascaras wands tend to be.  Also, you'll notice in the first picture below that I drew an arrow towards a joint in the wand.  This gives the head a lot of flexability, and therefore it stays in your lashes longer while you can wiggle it back and forth to catch and coat all lashes.


Now, back to the flattened head.  This is truly unique in my opinion.  What does this do for you?  Well, let's talk about it...

If you apply the mascara with the wider side grabbing your lashes (see Side View #2), this allows the mascara to coat them from the base to the tip.  Then, turn your wand 90 degrees, and you have the thin side, which also has all the bristles (Side View #1).  This pulls the mascara through and around all your lashes.  Add the flexible joint in the wand, and you can wiggle back and forth, ensuring that you get a good coat of mascara across your entire lashline. 

The formula itself is quite nice.  This isn't thick or gloppy, which I was sure it would be when using the wide-side of the wand.  Instead, it is a very light and smooth consistency that doesn't clump and is very buildable.  Also, although this is obviously a volumizing mascara (look at the name!), I found that this lengthened my lashes much better than a lot of the so-called lengthing mascaras available on the market. 

I've only tried this for a few days, so everything above is my first impression.  I definitely have to say this is one of the better mascaras that has come along, especially since LashBlast.  I will do a full review with pictures in the next few days, once I've played around with this tube for a little longer.

How many of you have had the ability to try out The Falsies?  What are your thoughts?

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I just recently heard of this mascara. I have a friend who raves about it and I think I need to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not going to lie, this is by far one of the best mascara's I've tried, especially since LashBlast was released. Rarely do I find a mascara I like from the first applicatiion, but this one fits the bill. No clumping, no smudging, no flaking, and it actually defines and adds volume/length to each lash - specifically due to the funky brush! I am going to give it a few more days, but most likely next week I will have a review up and ready to go. It's worth the try, especially if you have any drug store coupons to use!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been using this mascara for several weeks now. I like it. It really does give a very full volume look. However I found it a tad clumpy but nothing that a lash comb couldn't correct. I would love to read what you think about it after you used it a while.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook