Search ShakeUpYourMakeup!


Thursday, April 9, 2009

Sparkly FOTD - MAC Solarbits Sun Rays

Spring keeps knocking on the door here in Indiana, and then will leave us for either colder weather or rain, so I've been getting a little frustrated with Ms. Mother Nature! This morning I needed something to brighten up the wardrobe from the blah blacks and creams I tend to lead towards when I'm in a "funk", so I decided to do a sparkly look, and what better than some MAC Solar Bits and pigments to help out!

Now, I know there are mixed reviews about the Solar Bits because of their very cumbersome consistency, but I find that using a fingertip and letting the pigments melt into the eyelid really can create a beautiful look. It does take some practice, but I find that you get very little fallout compared to using a brush.

Below are the four eyeshadows I used - MAC Solar Bits "Sun Rays", MAC Paint Pot in "Bare Study", MAC Pigment in "Sunpepper", and NYX Eyeshadow in "Snow Cone".

Laura Geller's Balance and Brighten "Light"
Everyday Minerals Intense Multitasking Concealer
MAC Mineralize Blush "Merrily"
MAC Beauty Powder "Soft Focus"

Lumene Beauty Base Eye Base - all over eye/lid
MAC Paint Pot "Bare Study" - all over eye/lid
MAC Solar Bits "Sun Ray" - lid and lower lashline
MAC Pigment "Sun Pepper" - outer V and into crease
NYX Eyeshadow "Snow Cone" - brown bone
Black Eyeliner (unknown brand - it had rubbed off, but I think it is Revlon)
Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara "Black"

Bare Escentuals Natural Lipgloss "Brilliance"

1 comment:

There was an error in this gadget

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
.jpg" />