FOTD: Stila Magnificent Metals in Pixie Dust

9:00 AM


A few weeks ago I picked up the Stila Magnificent Metals in Pixie Dust - it's that one eyeshadow, that every time I was in Ulta, I had to go play with, so I decided it was time.   

The product comes in a normal, eyeshadow pot, and has a metal mixing pan and Stila's Stay All Day Liquid Eye Primer.   There is a step-by-step process in which to use:

  • Prime: add one drop of Stay All Day® Liquid Eye Primer to the mixing tray.
  • Combine: add a small dab of Magnificent Metals and swirl to blend.
  • Shine: using Stila’s Magnificent Metals Eye Shadow Applicator #37 or your fingertip, gently apply the mixture on lids, blending it out with soft strokes. Build the intensity with additional layers.
  • For more opaque results, apply eye primer directly on lids.

I actually applied my own eyeshadow - using the original Urban Decay Naked pallet here - and then topped off the inner corner and lid with the Pixie Dust.  I was a little bit nervous, due to the "wetness" of the primer, that it may smear and smudge my eyeshadow, but everything stayed true the whole day.  Pixie Dust is absolutely gorgeous, and this would certainly be a beautiful way to glitz up a holiday look without having to purchase an entire new eyeshadow pallet to do so.  

The Stila Magnificent Metals retail for $32 on their website.  These are definitely worth a try if you like the look of sparkles and glitter! 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook