BareMinerals Return to Radiance Collection: Swatches and Review **PIC HEAVY**

8:17 AM



Bare Escentuals was my first introduction into mineral makeup, which is understandable, as they were one of the founders of the mineral makeup phenomenon.  Since then, I have expanded into several other companies, including a lot of indie companies, to the point of having an extremely extensive collection of makeup covering the gamut of foundations, blushes, primers and shadows.  When QVC sent me an email with the upcoming BareMinerals collection, I decided to give it a try since I have not used any of their Prime Time collection, which I've read a lot about.  This Return to Radiance collection also has their introduction into the pressed blushes, so I was anxious to give them a try as well. 
What is it: Return to Radiance is an illuminating, full face eight-piece collection that gives you a natural, fresh-faced look and the famous bareMinerals(R) luminous glow.

Who is it for: All skin types and complexions.

Why is it different: It's the ideal mix of makeup and skin care to perfect and pamper the complexion.
NEW bareMinerals READY Blush delivers skin-nourishing benefits for softer, smoother skin while enhancing cheeks with a gorgeous flush of lasting color.

NEW Prime Time Neutralizing Foundation Primer visibly calms skin, reduces appearance of redness, and primes skin for a flawless foundation application.

bareMinerals Original SPF 15 bareMinerals Foundation and SPF 20 Concealer provides flawless coverage without clumping, caking, or drying out skin.

Creamy, waterproof Nude Glow Primer Shadow delivers a soft champagne shimmer on the eyes, while Rock Star Marvelous Moxie Lip Gloss gives you full, luscious lips in a soft pink melon shimmer.

How do I use it:Apply one pump of Prime Time Neutralizing Foundation Primer into hands. Massage an even layer all over face, to visibly even skin tone.

Use the Swirl, Tap, Buff application to apply Original SPF 15 Foundation with the Full Flawless Face Brush for medium-to-full coverage.

Pat SPF 20 Concealer under the eye area, around the nose and lips, and on any areas of concern with the Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush.

Smooth Prime Time Primer Shadow in Nude Glow on the eyes from lid to crease for a sweep of champagne shimmer. Use your finger or a brush to apply.

Lightly buff bareMinerals READY Blush in The Natural High onto apples of cheeks with the Full Flawless Face Brush for a golden petal peach flush of color. You can also pat it into the crease of the eye as a contour color using the Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush.

Swipe Marvelous Moxie Lip Gloss in Rock Star onto the lips for a perfectly pillow, soft pink melon shimmer.

From bareMinerals.

Includes:
1-fl-oz Prime Time Neutralizing Foundation Primer--NEW
0.21-oz bareMinerals READY Blush in The Natural High, a golden petal peach--NEW
0.10-fl-oz Prime Time Primer Shadow in Nude Glow, a champagne shimmer--NEW
0.15-fl-oz Marvelous Moxie Lip gloss in Rock Star, a pink peach shimmer--NEW
0.28-oz Original SPF 15 Foundation in choice of 12 shades--three-time Customer Choice Award Winner for Best Foundation
0.07-oz SPF 20 Bisque Concealer--2011 Customer Choice Award Winner for Best Concealer
Full Flawless Face Brush
Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush
Made in China/Canada/USA

Below are my pictures and thoughts.  I will post a FOTD using these items later in the week.


First up, the packaging.  I was actually a bit thrown back by this.  It has been a while since I purchased any BareMinerals through QVC.  Every time I did in the past, the products came neatly packed in a little box.  Some were sturdier than others, but more importantly the box kept the products from sliding around during shipping.  This time, when I opened the cardboard QVC packaging, there were my items!  No box, no packaging, no tissue paper or bubble wrap to keep things in place.  Instead there was a spot of "glue" on each item, and two of them had freed themselves and were strewn all over the box.  Luckily it was just my brush and lip gloss.  If it had been my blush, I don't think it would have arrived in once piece.   Maybe I'm just spoiled, for for some reason this really bothered me. 

Up first, the reason I purchased this set - the blush.  This particular color is called Natural High, and is a definite dupe of the coveted Nars Orgasm (as well as the numerous other dupes I have posted on this blog).  In the picture above it's difficult to see the shimmer, but below the golden shimmer really shows up.
The consistency is quite creamy and smooth.  This isn't overly pigmented, so I found I needed a bit thicker/stiffer of a brush to apply on the cheeks.  The glow is really beautiful, and as a result I don't need to add a highlighter on top.


Up next, the Marvelous Moxie lip glosses, which are the newest version of their famous lip gloss.  I have always loved the BE lip glosses, from the original Buxom's to the Natural lip glosses they had a while back.  After using these for a few weeks, I would actually consider these to be somewhat of a combo of the two glosses. 
Marvelous Moxie are rich and luxurious, but actually have a nice sheer color to them.  This particular color, Rock Star, is a peachy pink with golden/peach shimmer.  When applied, it's just a nice hint of color, but not too opaque.  The shimmer is slight enough on the lips to not be over-the-top.  The consistency is thick, but it stays put and doesn't bleed.  There is the slightest cooling/tingling sensation, but not as extreme as the Buxom's



The other two items I was anxious to try were the two Prime Time items.  Below is the Prime Time Primer Shadow in Nude Glow.  Similar to other primer shadows, this is versatile enough to be worn alone or under your eyeshadow to help intensify the color.  The applicator is a squeeze tube - I actually squeeze it out onto my finger and apply to the lid.  Nude Glow is a beautiful skintone color with a slight shimmer.  It really brightens the lid, and I am really enjoying this as my "go to" on days I need basic and neutral look.



The other Prime Time product in this set is the neutralizing face primer.  This is a foundation primer, and the "neutralizing" version is yellow in color, which helps reduce redness and prepare the skin for your foundation. 
The consistency is quite liquid, which surprised me.  I'm used to using the foundation primers like Smashbox Photo Ready primer or Laura Geller's Spackle.  This Prime Time was even more thin than the Spackle, which took some getting used to.  One pump does the whole face, so don't be deceived by the little bottle - it will last quite a while.  Once dried, the skin feels smooth and even, and foundation application is very easy.  Note: you do need to let this particular primer "dry" before you apply your foundation, unlike some others on the market.

I have to say, I was a little reluctant to try this with the yellow color, but it really does blend right into the skin and evened out any redness I was experiencing after washing my face.  I tend to get blotchy, especially if I use a scrub, so this really helped hide any of those flaws prior to applying foundation.  And don't get me wrong - this doesn't have "coverage", per say.  Instead, this primes the skin and helps eliminate the look of flaws prior to application.


Below are the swatches of the Prime Time Primer Shadow (left), the Ready Blush in Natural High (middle) and Marvelous Moxie lipgloss in Rock Star (right).

Have you tried this collection out yet?  What about the Prime Time line?  Thoughts? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook