Swatches: Salma Hayek Nuance Beautiful Blends Eye Quad in Neutral

10:55 AM


CVS recently debuted Salma Hayek's new beauty line called Nuance.  This is a collection of Skincare, Haircare, Cosmetics, and Body care.  Originally I saw a display for haircare and cosmetics, but when I was in CVS last week I noticed an end cap with an entire skincare line, including makeup remover, creams, treatments and face wash.  A few weeks back, the entire line was BOGO, so I picked up the Beautiful Blends Eye Quad in Neutral.   The retail price on this is $11.99, but with the BOGO it ended up being $5.99 a piece.

First, let's take a look at the packaging - this is quite unique, isn't it!?  It looks like a pod, that opens up to reveal four shadows.



I've pulled all four colors out, but this is a very manageable compact - you can pick and choose which colors you open up if you want.  This would require you to label the outside of the pod, though, since there are no labels on the actual compact (just the outer packaging).

Now the colors...


Shimmering Bronze - a deep copper bronze shade with darker warm brown undertones.  This is a frosty shade, with copper really reflecting off the base color.


Toasted Almond: The least shimmery of the four, I'd say this is more of a satin. The color is a muted taupe, looking a bit more silvery/cool in the pan, but the warmer tones come out upon application. 


Frosted Blush:  This is the palest color in the quad.  A true champagne shade with a hint of pinkness to it.  The frost is ivory, and when blended onto the skin it's a very beautiful skintone color, somewhat reminding me of Stila's Kitten.  I'll have to run a swatch comparison. 


Golden Champagne:  This reminds me of an aged/antiqued gold color.  Golden Champagne is also a frost, and a true metallic in my opinion.

Below is a snapshot of the back of the box - there is a little "how to" on creating a neutral smokey eye.


Swatches below.  This is over LA Splash's Eyeshadow Primer/Sealer - my holy grail with panned shadows (I use Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy with loose).  I tend to default to using a primer, but these are actually quite nice without one too.


So, what's the bottom line here?  All four eyeshadows are extremely pigmented, smooth, creamy without being crumbly and blend effortlessly onto the skin and together.  I would put all four of these up against some of my MAC single eyeshadow pans in quality, pigmentation and performance.  Even better?  These are really amazing for the price ... and I'm talking the actual retail without being on sale.  At $11.99 for the quad, you are paying $2.99 a piece, which can't be beat.  I know, these are basic neutrals, but if you are looking for a go-to product that is easy to travel with, and works well together, this would be a great purchase.  Now, if you are into the cool-tones, there is another quad called Smokey that has more cool tones.  I tell you what, if these go on sale again, I'll definitely give the other quad a whirl!

Have you picked these up yet?  What do you think?  What else from the Nuance collection have you tried?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook