Swatches: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils - Electric Blue, Pure Gold and Rock Mountain Green

8:00 AM


Every once in a while, you walk into a store and find something new (or at least new to that store) that catches your eye.  Well for me it was CVS and a discretely placed display strip of NYX Jumbo Pencils.  I read numerous reviews on the Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk, and what a wonderful eyeshadow base it is, but unfortunately it wasn't on this display.  So....I picked up Pure Gold, Rock Mountain Green and Electric Blue.


These are big guys for sure.  Very smooth and creamy.  The gold and the green were the most pigmented, followed by the blue.  These are very blendable with the finger tip as well.  Recently I thought I'd give the Pure Gold a go as a primer/base, and was very pleasantly surprised with the outcome.  Not only do you get a nice base color to work with, but the gold came through a bit on the shadow I applied over the top, making the shades work really well together.  On top of it all, my shadows didn't move in the humid weather, so I consider that a win-win situation.  I haven't tried the other two, but I would expect a similar result. 


Right now these are on sale on Cherryculture.com for $2.99 a piece, off of the regular $4.50 price.  How many of you use Milk as your primer?  What other colors are your favorites?  There are plenty to choose from, that's for sure!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook