e.l.f. Cream Eyeliners in Metallic Olive, Copper, Gunmetal and Plum Purple & Liquid Eyeliner in Plum

8:00 AM


Part 2 of my e.l.f. haul - the cream eyeliners and one liquid eyeliner in plum.  As I tend to lean towards shimmers and sparkles, I opted to order the four shimmery cream eyeliners: Copper, Metallic Olive, Plum Purple and Gunmetal.  In the liquid eyeliner, I ordered Plum.

The four cream eyeliners all come in a pretty hefty screw top jar and come with their own miniature angled eyeliner brush.  The jars are 0.17oz, so this is a decent amount of liner for the price - $3 a piece.  The consistency is extremely smooth, creamy, and pigmented.  The shimmer in the liner actually comes through, as does the color.  The cream eyeliners wear extremely well too - I didn't have any cracking, smudging, or flaking. 

DSC03155.jpg picture by mnh3281

Closeups of all the colors are below.

DSC03157.jpg picture by mnh3281

DSC03158.jpg picture by mnh3281

DSC03159.jpg picture by mnh3281

DSC03160.jpg picture by mnh3281

Now, the liquid eyeliner in Plum is absolutely beautiful.  This is a warm, deep almost coppery purple with shimmer.   As the website says...

"No more tugging or pulling on your eyelids with this easy glide liquid eyeliner. The smudge-proof liner is rich in color, creating a long lasting defined look. The fine tip brush creates easy and precise definition for natural or dramatic effects."

I definitely agree that this liner runs along the lashline easily and the color wears extremely well.  My only complaint is the applicator is a felt tip, where I prefer a brush to apply my liquid liners, but at $1, I will work with it!

There are tons of colors to choose from online, including browns, blacks, navy, and a selection of new glitter liners in iridescent, gold and silver.  

DSC03162.jpg picture by mnh3281

DSC03163.jpg picture by mnh3281

Swatches are below - the colors are great and there is a fantastic selection of colors.

DSC03166.jpg picture by mnh3281

Right now, you can get their favorites, including the cream and liquid eyeliners, 50% off, meaning the creams would be $1.50 and the liquid would be $0.50!  Not a bad deal at all!  

So, bottom line...would I buy these again?  ABSOLUTELY!  These liners are great and the price is even better!  Take a look at your local Target (if you have one by you) - I just noticed the new end-cap yesterday.  Included, there are 3-pks of the liquid eyeliners for $3.  I believe in this set you get black, a charcoal shimmer and iridescent white shimmer.

Have you tried either e.l.f's cream or liquid eyeliners?  What do you think?  Which is your favorite?



You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. The cream liners are gorgeous! I bet they would make great eyeshadow bases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried them, but I would like to. Where did you get them with discount?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Copper is gorgeous - it really looks like copper, not brassy like some "copper" liners can be.

    Lyuba-Chan, e.l.f. emailed out a discount a few weeks ago, and they tend to do so regularly. I think you can sign up on their website for newsletters, otherwise, Google for e.l.f. codes and they should come up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got that $10 elf palette this weekend. I'm going back for the liners. I do have one set that had white, black and blue. But I can't remember where I got it...maybe Ross???

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook