Swatches & Review: Maybelline Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Concealer and Treatment

9:13 AM

 
So it's official - I've reached that point in life where I have excessive dark circles and I'm starting to see those fine lines and crepeiness underneath my eyes that only a year ago were not an issue or concern.  I am trying several things, including religiously using my Clarisonic, Argan Oil (thank you Josie Maran) and need to entertain the idea of some anti-aging skin care items.  In the meantime, I am now struggling with finding a concealer that doesn't settle into my fine lines, but has enough guts to actually cover my dark circles and can play nice with my Laura Geller and/or Bare Escentuals foundation. 
 
More after the jump!

I had done some research online looking into various concealers, and after several days of looking read a lot of good reviews on the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser for Dark Circles.  I picked this up at Walmart for $7.49, but I think it can range all the way up to $9.99 depending on where you shop.  Obviously, Maybelline has tons of coupons and the drugstores do run specials on Maybelline, so if you decide this is right for you, there are tons of ways to snag a deal.
 
 
The application/applicator for this concealer certainly is unique.  It's like a fuzzy, flocked sponge on the tip that you twist the product up into.  I actually really like this - I don't have to dip my finger into a pan or use a doe foot and my finger to apply.  I just twist 1-2 turns of concealer up, and dab it under my eye.  The concealer itself is a nice thin, not chalky or cakey consistency, so it applies smoothly and evenly under the eye, and the applicator helps even out the edges prior to applying your foundation.  Because I use a powder foundation, I do apply this after the fact. 

 
See how it comes up through the sponge?  Interesting, right? 
 
Below is my before picture.  Underneath it the eye on the left has concealer and the eye on the right does not.  No foundation applied. 
 
 

 
Overall, I am loving this concealer.  It is thin and non-cakey, so it works extremely well underneath my powder foundation:  Bare Escentuals or Laura Geller - depending on the day.  It does a nice job of covering the dark circles and countering any red I might have.  Some how, it does NOT settle into my fine lines, which is an absolute must for me now.  I was struggling with crepeiness, smearing, and an overall horrible look with the concealers I had been using, simply because my skin has changed dramatically over the past year.  I will say, there are some days I wish it had a tad more coverage, or was at least a bit more buildable, but I really don't have that as an issue too often. 
 
Final Verdict:  I certainly will buy this again.  The price is right and it really is working extremely well for me. 
 
Have you tried this?  What did you think?  What is your favorite concealer?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook