Swatches: Revlon PhotoReady Eyeshadow Pallet in Metropolitan

2:27 PM



Recently I had someone tell me that I needed to try the new Revlon PhotoReady Eyeshadow pallets - these come with three coordinating colors, an eyeshadow primer, and a "top coat" of shimmer that also coordinates. 

I picked up Metropolitan and Pop Art.  Today I have swatches of Metropolitan.

This pallet is a neutral/taupe pallet.  The two darker colors are a rich cocoa powder taupe, and then a shimmery taupe.  The highlight shade is a peachy/pink.  The primer is also a peachy pink shimmer, and the top coat color is a frosty warm brown. 

 
 Onto the swatches - Top (without primer), Bottom (with primer). 
 
 
(primer, highlight, middle shade, crease, top coat) 
 
 
 Honestly, the primer doesn't do much for this pallet - maybe it's just me, but I'll stick with my trusted Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy and/or UDPP.  I didn't get much more punch, and these colors are truly beautiful in the pallet.  After several days of playing with these colors, I've found the primers that work the best and there is a lot of potential for these shades.  The highlight color is a bit too dark for me, but I'm sure that has to do with the fact that I am extremely pale.  It makes a gorgeous lid color, though. 
 
I'm a bit wishy-washy on Metropolitan.  The colors are wearable every day, but nothing out of the ordinary.  I'm sure I have several colors that would be nice dupes for these in my collection, but if you are looking for a wearable, easy to coordinate, and easy for everyday pallet of taupes/browns, this is a nice one to try out.  Just don't expect much for the primer as far as amping up the color of your shadow.  It didn't do much for me.  Now, with other primers, this works very well for me, so I will have some pictures to post in a few days.  Trying out several combinations before I do post.

Have you tried these shadow sets by Revlon yet?  What have you thought?
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook