Swatches: Too Faced Lip of Luxury Champagne Essence Lipstick "Celebrity Meltdown"

11:04 AM


Too Faced is one of the first higher end brands I had when I was younger . I think I had the original packaging in some of their eyeshadows and maybe a lipgloss of some variety.  I have heard great things about their lipsticks, and for my birthday I was lucky enough to receive one of their Lip of Luxury Champagne Essence Lipsticks in Celebrity Meltdown. 


The packaging is really cute - the top is bedazzled with a big rhinestone on the cap. 


Celebrity Meltdown is a rose base with golden shimmer.  The picture above is taken under a light, without flash.  It appears darker in the tube compared to how it applies. 

The picture below, with flash, really brings out the true color of the lipstick.  This is a deeper rose, almost raspberry shimmer base, with golden shimmer infused as well.  The pigmentation is wonderful, it's moisturizing, long lasting but doesn't dry out your lips, and I did not experience any feathering of the base pigmentation after long use.  Celebrity Meltdown its self is a really beautiful shade.  It would be perfect in the summer, but the gold helps it transition into these colder months when I find I tend to wear more dark blacks and browns. 


Swatched on the lips below.  The golden shimmer really comes out upon application.  The lipstick itself also has a nice shine - not quite like a lipgloss, but definitely more than most lipsticks have. 


There are a lot of colors to choose from, mostly ranging in the pinks to warmer red shades.  I took a snippit of the Sephora website so you could see the options.  I've also seen these at Beauty First, if you have one in your area.  Retail is $20.

Have you tried Too Faced Lipsticks before?  Which is your go-to shade?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This is a really pretty shade! I love the gold shimmer - most of the lipsticks I own are opaque, matte colors but seeing something like this tempts me to switch! =).
    Nicki
    http://singlittlebird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh I like that gold glimmer! Gives just enough warmth without looking too warm.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook