Search ShakeUpYourMakeup!

Loading...

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Swatches: Too Faced Lip of Luxury Champagne Essence Lipstick "Celebrity Meltdown"


Too Faced is one of the first higher end brands I had when I was younger . I think I had the original packaging in some of their eyeshadows and maybe a lipgloss of some variety.  I have heard great things about their lipsticks, and for my birthday I was lucky enough to receive one of their Lip of Luxury Champagne Essence Lipsticks in Celebrity Meltdown. 


The packaging is really cute - the top is bedazzled with a big rhinestone on the cap. 


Celebrity Meltdown is a rose base with golden shimmer.  The picture above is taken under a light, without flash.  It appears darker in the tube compared to how it applies. 

The picture below, with flash, really brings out the true color of the lipstick.  This is a deeper rose, almost raspberry shimmer base, with golden shimmer infused as well.  The pigmentation is wonderful, it's moisturizing, long lasting but doesn't dry out your lips, and I did not experience any feathering of the base pigmentation after long use.  Celebrity Meltdown its self is a really beautiful shade.  It would be perfect in the summer, but the gold helps it transition into these colder months when I find I tend to wear more dark blacks and browns. 


Swatched on the lips below.  The golden shimmer really comes out upon application.  The lipstick itself also has a nice shine - not quite like a lipgloss, but definitely more than most lipsticks have. 


There are a lot of colors to choose from, mostly ranging in the pinks to warmer red shades.  I took a snippit of the Sephora website so you could see the options.  I've also seen these at Beauty First, if you have one in your area.  Retail is $20.

Have you tried Too Faced Lipsticks before?  Which is your go-to shade?

2 comments:

  1. This is a really pretty shade! I love the gold shimmer - most of the lipsticks I own are opaque, matte colors but seeing something like this tempts me to switch! =).
    Nicki
    http://singlittlebird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh I like that gold glimmer! Gives just enough warmth without looking too warm.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
.jpg" />