Ulta Nail Lacquer "Bombshell"

8:43 AM


Each year for the 4th of July, I tend to try and make my mani/pedi as patriotic as possible, without going too over the top.  No, I won't be painting flags, stars or stripes on my nails (I haven't quite garnered the patience for such a task), but I do enjoy a little sparkle and bling to go hand-in-hnad with the "sparklers" for our country's birthday. 

This year, I dug around in my nailpolish bin and rediscovered a purchase from a few years back: Ulta's Salon Formula Nail Lacquer in "Bombshell".  This is the brightest red I've used in a while - it's almost neon.  And, this isn't an orange red, but instead a blue-red, with an undertone of fushia when in the bottle.  This may or may not be because of the dazzling pink and irridescent microglitter that runs through the lacquer.  Also, this is not an opaque polish, and instead is a very dense jelly formula, allowing the glitter to shine through.  Imagine the irridescent glitter swimming through the jelly-red color...you get some bright fushia and red reflections as well.  It is quite gorgeous, without being too over-the-top. 


Unfortunately, it was very difficult to get a good picture of this manicure because of how bright the polish is.  I tried natural light, flash, no flash - you name it - and I still got the look above.  In real life, you see a lot more sparkle, and a lot less red, giving the polish quite a complex look.  The color is quite chip-resistant, I'm sure due to the fact that it is chalk-full of glitter.  I will say, I was a little disappointed in the texture.  I know, it's hit or miss on glitter nail polish, but this was definitely a miss.  I used 2 coats of polish, 2 coats of top coat, and 1 coat of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat, and I still had a gritty mess on my nails.  I know that those of you who are professionals when it comes to nail polish and manicures, probably have a great suggestion as to a top coat to assist with this dilema, so I'm all ears!  I have plenty of sparkle and glitter polish that I would love to wear, but don't like the feeling on my nails.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

But, that's besides the point - all in all, this was a gorgeous look for the day, and it wore like iron. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook