Confetti Long Lasting Nail Color "Belle of the Ball"

8:00 AM


Earlier this week I posted a display, here, of the new nail polish lines that CVS is carrying.  I decided to grab a polish from each line, Confetti and 10 Professional.  Today, let's take a look at the Confetti Long Wearing Nail Color in "Belle of the Ball".  (For another opinion of the Confetti line, take a look at the Recessonista's review here).  Note, she also discovered that Confetti and 10 Professional are actually from the same company!  Interesting... 

Belle of the Ball is a cream, relatively opaque, true lilac shade.  It looks a little cooler in the bottle than it does on, but in all reality, you can't tell a difference in the product in the bottle once applied.  (I mention this because I notice a lot of creme's turn a lot darker once applied and dry, but not so much with this one).  Anyway...moving on....

The brush is a little funky.  I almost think it is too long for the bottle, so as a result, it kind of *scrunches* up at the bottom, and therefore isn't straight.  I might try cutting it a bit shorter to see if that helps.  It didn't really hinder application much, in my experience, but was a bit ackward.

Product consistency is smooth.  It's a bit runny, so I think I could have gone with a 3rd coat on my manicure.  I'm not sure if you can see it in the pictures below, but in some lighting (especially natural light) I can see a little streakiness. 

The product did dry extremely quickly, and seemed to have a built in top coat.  Instead of giving that matte appearance when dry, it did have a nice shine to it.  I didn't add a top coat as a result, but just a fast drying Seche Vite to make sure I didn't ruin my mainicure during the day.  So far, so good on the lasting power as well

All in all, I can't really complain too much about the product - I mean, let's be honest - it's $1.99, and it's hard to find a full size (not Bon Bon at Walmart) polish under $5 that is remotely decent.  I'd be willing to try out a few other shades, and see if I have any different experience, good or bad, with those.  As for the particular color I picked out, Belle of the Ball, I normally don't go towards the bright eclectic shades, but I might have to start now - I am really loving this purple.  It's bright, but not so pastel that it looks more appropriate for spring.  I'd say I'm pretty happy with my $1.99 investment.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook