Stocking Stuffers - Revlon Limited Editions!

10:19 AM

Over the late summer Revlon came out with some limited edition lines that had a soft, frosty and floral theme to them. Luckily, my mom hit the jackpot at Walgreens and found a bunch of them on sale for my stocking! I have to admit, I was hesitant when I saw them in the store, especially the eyeshadows because the packaging doesn't allow you to see how beautiful the colors truly are, but when I opened and tried the colors out, I couldn't have been happier. The three items I received were the Revlon Soft on the Eyes pallet in "Sub-Lime", A Floral Affair Blush in "Pinking of You", and Mix and Mingle Gloss in "Chatty Cherry".


Here is a closeup of the gloss, which is a gorgeous and light Barbie pink on. The thing I love the most is that you can choose the three colors individually with your brush, or swirl them together in the middle for a frosty bright pink!

One thing I have been on a mission to find is a pretty highlighter to use over blushes when they just need to kick it up a notch. This blush does it for me! A perfect frosty pink, with a subtle warmth due to the peach, this color doesn't add a ton of color unless you apply a couple of layers, which brings a beautiful flush to the cheeks. I need to reswatch this, as the flash adjusted the coloring, and we haven't had great days to take any in natural light. I will update once I do this!


Finally, the Soft on the Eyes collection in Sub-Lime. A beautiful quad of turquoise, peach, lime green and off white, all with shimmer, but not glitter. I was hesitant on the packaging, but once opened, you will find that the packaging allows for you to dip into the color without spilling it everywhere else. Even the brush is decent for a drugstore brand! Swatches are to follow!



These colors were definitely a lot nicer than I expected and can't wait for spring to arrive to really start playing with them, although you all know that won't stop me from starting early!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. the brush looks pretty decent, i agree!
    as far as the gloss is concerned, i thought the different colours were because of the flash. but then when i read "three colours individually", i went back up to see the first picture. if it goes on well and is non-sticky, its a great product.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook