Review: Loreal Extreme Volume Collagen Mascara

9:44 AM

Summer's here again, so that means there are tons of new products to try, drugstore and high end. When I was at Walmart before I left on vacation I stumbled across the Loreal Extreme Volume Collagen mascara (in extreme black). I had read some anticipation of this product on the Internet, so I figured I'd give it a try. At around $7, it was right about the same price as the Carbon Black Voluminous I've been using (and love), which is running pretty low. The package is quite pretty - a very thick and durable black tube covered in lucite, it looks very high end for the price.


The brush reminds me of a standard bristle brush on steroids. It has an hourglass shape, but with thicker and more sturdy bristles, allowing it to penetrate through each lash and coat them with mascara. At the same time, this brush pulls through any clumps and gives a natural, lash by lash thickness that doesn't look spiky or gloppy.

Just for a reference, I have posted a before and after. Obviously, nothing on before (not even a base). After 2 coats, you can see the difference!
I am so pleased with the after - particularly because it separates each lash, but also doesn't get on my eyelid!! The bristles get the mascara on the lashes and I'm not cleaning up my liner and eyeshadow due to smudges and smears which is a HUGE plus for me! Also, I did not have any flaking or smudging throughout the day - something that Maybelline Colossal did on me, although I loved how the mascara looked on.
Retail Price: $7.99 USD
Where to purchase: Ulta, CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, www.loreal.com
Product: 5 out of 5
Price: 5 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5 - The package is durable and the brush is very strong and sturdy.
Overall: 5 out of 5
Would I purchase again? Absolutely! This may be my new favorite mascara!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. OK, I have been eyeing this at CVS but I was scared to try it, so THANK YOU for this awesome review! I am so picking it up the minute there's a BOGO. Your eyes look stunning and these pics totally sold me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised by the product. It took a day or two for me to get used to the hour glass shape of the brush because I've never used one like that before. The actual mascara itself is very creamy and goes on so nicely without clumping, which, to me, says a lot about a drugstore brand. Of course, only time will tell if it stays this way! Also, I was very happy with how the mascara separated the lashes from root to tip without screwing up my eyeliner and eyshadow on my lid - usually the big wands are notorious for creeping up to my lid and painting black mascara all over it, but this one didn't. Definitely worth the try when it goes on sale. My next purchase is going to be the Maybelline oscillating mascara I saw the other day - got to give that one a try too! :) Let me know what you think about this Loreal, I'd definitely be interested!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh!
    i guess this mascara is a HG material!

    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know *exactly* what you mean about big brushes being messy and getting mascara on your eyeshadow--happens to me all the time when I use Max Factor 2000 Calorie Extreme. It either gets on my lids or on my eyeliner and it's such a pain to clean up. So this is yet another reason why I want to try the L'Oreal. Also, I am so excited about how you said it really separates your lashes, while at the same time (from looking at your pics) it doesn't skimp on volume. Perfect! The only thing I'm a little scared about is the creamy texture since I have super oily skin. I hope it doesn't smear or run when it gets hot (which happens to me with Voluminous).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this review, I saw this last Friday in Walgreens and thought the brush was great. But I didn't buy it because I hadn't read any reviews. Maybelline's Colosal Mascara was great but in less than 1hr it was all over my undereye area =( (Now they have the WP version)

    I think I will try this when Walgreens put them on sale.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. very good!!
    I lıke mascara
    your eyes very nıces!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook