Younique Mineral Touch Foundation "Scarlet"

11:05 AM


Liquid foundation and I have a love-hate relationship.  I love the coverage I immediately get with it, but by the end of the day it either ends up cakey, in my pores, or smeared on my phone, clothes, etc.  This is why I tend to always use my good ol' standby, Laura Geller Balance 'n Brighten.  Unfortunately, this time of year being winter, I am extremely pale and finding a powder foundation that doesn't leave me looking chalky is a difficult task.  

Months ago I fell in love with the Younique 3D Moodstruck mascara, and since then have dabbled in the other products they carry.  Over the past few months they have come out with several new offerings: Splurge Cream Shadows (a must try if you haven't already), and the new Mineral Touch Liquid Foundation.  As any good salesperson will do, you will see several reviews from presenters themselves, raving about this product.  I figured I would give it a try and see what all the reviews were about.

(click the picture to get a larger view)

.  
The foundation comes in large frosted bottle, with a dropper style applicator.  Reminds me a lot of the droppers in my argan oils I use on my skin/hair.  As a result, a little goes a long way with this product, which took me a while to figure out.  In fact, the process for using this particular foundation is very different from others I have tried.  I will get to that in a bit.  



Below, this is the foundation blended with my finger on the back of my hand.  As you can see, I chose a very light shade - in fact, Scarlet is the lightest offering in the lot.  


Here is my whole face with the product on.  I did not use concealer, as I didn't need to.  To apply, take a fluffy brush and apply 5 dots on the brush, like a dice.  Blot those dots on the four points of your face - both cheeks, chin and forehead.  Then blend.  I will do a step by step with this, as it does take some getting used to, but this certainly allowed for the easiest application, with unbelievable coverage.  Yes, five dots of foundation covered my entire face!

Now you can either allow this to dry to a matte finish or top it off with your favorite setting powder.  I used a quick once-over of Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil and it worked great.  

The other thing that I loved about this?  I didn't oxidize and turn orange or yellow on me, but instead stayed true to color.  The foundation lasts all day, and didn't settle into lines or pores.  I have to say, I"m sold simply on the color alone, but everything else is an added bonus!

Younique is available online, and the foundation costs $39.  I will say, with as little as you use, this could last you a LONG time!  



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Are you a Younique presenter? I am an I absolutely love their products! The kit is amazing and I have this Foundation in Velour <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a presenter! I typically am not a fan of liquid foundation, but this one is one of my favorites. The color matches my skin well, and doesn't turn orange which is a huge plus for me!

      Delete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook